9.03.2008

Republican Peggy Noonan: It's Over!

Sweet Mary, mother of God, this Palin woman is the gift that just keeps on giving. I saw this on DailyKos and HuffPost, so I have to give both shout outs for posting this first.

Want to hear what powerful and respected conservative shills really think of McCain's Palin Problem? Here ya go:



Open mics are a bitch, just ask Jess. In case you can't hear them well here is a transcript:

Peggy Noonan: [Can't hear since Todd (who is still on air) is talking over her]
Mike Murphy: Um, you know, because, I come out of the blue swing state governor world. Engler, Whitman, Tommy Thompson, Mitt Romney, Jeb Bush, I mean, and these guys, this is all how you win a Texas race, just run it up, and it's not gonna work.
Noonan: It's Over.
Murphy: Still, McCain can give a version of the Lieberman speech and do himself some good.
Chuck Todd: Don’t you think the Palin pick was insulting to Kay Bailey Hutchinson, too (inaudible)
Noonan: I saw Kay this morning...
Todd: She's never looked comfortable up there..
Murphy: They're all bummed out.
Todd: I mean, is she really the most qualified woman they can obtain?
Noonan: The most qualified? No. I think they went for this, excuse me, political bullshit about narratives...[couldn't hear the end of it]
Todd: Yeah, but what's a narrative?
Murphy: I totally agree.
Noonan: Every time Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it.
Murphy: You know what's the worst thing about it, the greatest of McCain is no cynicism, and..
Murphy and Todd together: This is cynical.
Todd: And as you called it, gimmicky.


Wow. Fucking. Wow. Can we call this game now? Really. I don't want to embarrass McCain any further and clearly he has some mental health care treatments to start. Beating up on an old man does give me a chubby, but thrashing a crazy old man? No fun there. Can't we at least get a standing eight count?

Hey, you wanna be Ambassador to France?

Update: Crooks and Liars also has this post. It's gone viral!! Since O isn't sure where this started I just wanted to spread the love. Asante sana, lefties for looking out for O. Much love to you and yours.

No comments: